Open to all Low Riders - Dachshund, Corgi, Basset Hounds and mixes of...
The races are open to all dogs that are under 15" from shoulder to ground. We call them the "Low Riders"
It will be so much fun to watch these “Low Rider” breeds race!! Dogs will be registered in a division depending on their size (we also have a cart stroller/carriage division for the seniors or handicapped dogs), we will have racing heats to narrow down each of the divisions for the WINNER!! This event is free to watch and there will be vendors and other activities going on for all to enjoy throughout the entire day…
Race Rules and Things You Should Know:
1. All dogs must be "Low Rider" breeds and mixes of... under the 15" from ground to shoulder.
2. Each dog will need two handlers to race, one at the starting line as the "releaser" and one at the finish line as the "catcher."
3. You may bring your dog's favorite toy as an incentive at the finish line. No loud noise toys or objects, laser pointers or "human food" (small treats are okay).
4. The winners of heats and advancement is the decision of the finish line judge.
5. All dogs must be on a leash when not racing. NO retractable leashes...
6. Owners are required to clean up after their dog.
7. Dogs must be social and well behaved.
8. If a handler/owner crosses in front of the finish line during a race, the dog will be disqualified.
9. Each dog will wear a racing numbered cloth during each heat and final race. This is a requirement for each participant and not optional.
10. Please bring your own chairs, canopy, and anything else to enjoy your day.
11. Failure to abide by the rules above will result in disqualification.